Introducing the “Seasons Around the Sun” Kit for both primary and early childhood. This kit represents a comprehensive arts compliment to the study of the seasons, planetary cycles, growth cycles and the Calendar.
- It is composed of five catchy songs to assist you in a theatrical way:
- – days of the week, months of the year and the seasons ‘round and ‘round. This song really lends itself to 3D representational theater as suggested in the accompanying video.
- – growth cycles from seed to germination to maturity can be explored using this beautiful song about a tree. The dance allows your students to grow from seed to tree.
- – dramatic representation of a summer thunderstorm, complete with ‘rain symphony’!
- – the wonder and awe of what is contained in a tiny seed is gently mused in this harvest celebration song.
- – from winter white slumber, to clean green spring, to summer’s expansive grow and flow, to autumn’s yellow harvest – a wonderful celebration of the seasons sung in the ‘key’ of each season!
- Accompany your season’s research with the wonder of cycles:
- How are the seasons displayed in the flora and fauna and eco-systems in various parts of the world?
- How do humans respond to changes of season?
- How are the seasons celebrated in different parts of the world?
- Did you know that if you were born in November in South Africa, you are a ‘spring baby’?
- What other differences are there between Northern and Southern Hemisphere cycles and natural phenomena?
- The final verse to the Calendar song says:
- The Moon goes around and ‘round the Earth
- The Earth goes around the Sun
- The Sun goes around the Galaxy
- ‘Round and ‘round and ‘round…
This so lends itself to representational theater! The moon’s orbit around the earth (and 28 day cycle); the earth’s 24 hour rotation and 365 day orbit around the sun; and finally the sun’s extraordinary orbit around the center of the galaxy!
- And what does the galaxy orbit around???
Children absolutely love this kind of learning! Try it!