22. The Wonder Of Water II
Ninety five per cent of the fertilized human egg is water!
Seventy per cent of the adult human body is water!
Seventy per cent of the earth’s surface is water!
In light of these watery facts, the word ‘physical’ has a different connotation. That is, we are more fluid than solid, right? Human physiology is a fluid thing. We are watery beings!
Sounds a little ‘out there’, but it’s true. We are more water than anything else. This fact alone is astounding, and it implies so much!
Here’s an experiment to show your children:
- Part One.
- Fill a transparent glass container three quarters full with clean water.
- This is what humans are mostly made of – pure water.
- Now take a bottle of food coloring (try red) and squeeze a few drops into the glass of transparent water. What happens?
- The water becomes that same color (in lesser concentrate).
- Now add more of the same color. What happens?
- O.K. here’s where it gets more interesting.
- Add the color blue. First a few drops, then more…What happens?
- The water goes from red to violet, to purple, to indigo…it’s beautiful.
This concludes Part One of the experiment.
- Get a new glass of clean, clear, transparent, neutral, unbiased, uninfluenced water.
- Put a few drops of red in it again.
- This time add green, and then yellow, and then blue. What happens?
- It becomes a muddy brown color.
What does it mean?
Children do best with just one drop of color at a time. Let their systems run with just one idea, one notion, one ‘lesson’ for a while before introducing the next bit, the next drop of color. If we try to put too much in their faculties, we end up with a muddy confusion, true? Keeping it simple leads to the most profound results.
Water is a beautiful analogy for education – in so many ways. And here’s the mystery bit: We are literally made of water by majority; and thoughts, actions, attitudes, feelings and emotions are literally drops of color we exchange with each other all the time!
How do we get back to having a clean and clear glass of water, free of the influences, the coloring of a particular day?
That is what sleep is for! Sleep wipes the canvas clean, filters the colors out, giving us a fresh start the next day!
Isn’t life awesome!